"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." - Buddha

Just two girls wanting to help out
Check out my fellow collaborator Alexa: http://alexapgps20time.blogspot.com/

Friday, November 7, 2014

The Beginning

I have been handed a once in a lifetime opportunity, basically served to me on a silver platter. The chance to do something I'm passionate about and not be allowed to quit at it makes me feel invincible. For the first time ever, I feel like I have the whole world at my finger tips. Out of everything I can choose from, I choose to help make kids be happy. I have decided to partner up with my friend of ten years, Alexa, to fundraise and volunteer for a children's hospital. At the moment we are still trying to find a hospital to help out but we have several in mind. The hospital we are hoping for is St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital because this past summer Alexa and a bunch of our friends did a giant fundraiser for the hospital that raised $16,00. We want to continue to help them out by fundraising for them in many different ways then hopefully traveling down to Memphis, Tennessee where their research hospital is located. We hope to reach our goal of helping out some kids lives and maybe even changing them.

2 comments:

  1. In my class we have 20 time and we just started doing this last year. I've been having a hard time coming up with ideas for my 20 time but I wanted to do something with children. Since its almost Christmas time, I wanted to do a fundraiser to raise money so I can get unfortunate kids something for Christmas. I was thinking about adopting a child and their family so they could have a Christmas. I like your idea of helping children, its what im passionate about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! The funny thing is that I'm part of a club at my school where we do a fundraiser called Adopt A Family. We get our whole school involved and every third hour, that wants to participate, gets assigned a family who needs some extra help around the holidays. So as a class we raise money to buy them a Christmas dinner, household items, extra food, and presents for the whole family. I'm very passionate about helping others and putting a smile on their face so I'm very happy you are doing this project. If you want any help with adopting a family and how to get it started, because I know a lot about it, I can give you any advice you need to make your project a success

      Delete